1. Allow a space to evolve without following a strict philosophy or ‘look’.
2. Confidence in your own ideas and not being afraid to express them.
3. Gather things of varied provenance and give a room a stamp of your own.
4. Fresh flowers / foliage add life to a room – colour, fragrance and visual appeal.
5. Highlight a detail with a touch of black, silver or gilt.
6. One of the simplest decorating tricks is to use a graduation of one colour to lighten or highlight specific features in an interior.
7. Pure design is allowed to shine in a minimal interior where the elements are simple.
8. Less is more.
9. With its weight in gold in decorating terms, it is the larger-than- life accessory eg. a large framed or unframed mirror – doubling the apparent size of a small room.
10. Take it slowly – yet know, when to stop!